Get on the property ladder through Shared Ownership.
Shared ownership is becoming an increasingly popular way for first time buyers and even second or third time property buyers to get on the property ladder.
We have a number of shared ownership properties available which you can view by visiting our New Developments page.
How it works:
- You purchase an initial share of the property, in this example, lets say 25%.
- This means that you would own 25% of the property and pay rent on the remaining 75%.
- You are then able to purchase further shares of the property during your tenancy, this is known as stair-casing.
- Purchasing a further 10% would bring your total equity to 35%, meaning you would only incur rent payments on the remaining 65% of the property.
- If you decide you want to sell your shares, CCHA or if you own 100% of the property, you can list it on the open market.
For further information, you can download our Shared Ownership brochure by clicking here.